In addition to running LPC, Stewart Kidd is well known as a lecturer, writer and author of:
- A Dictionary of Industrial Security, London, 1987
- Heritage Under Fire, (editor), 1995
- Fire Safety in Hotels: Recommendations for Europe, (editor) 1994
- An Introduction to Physical Security, 1996
- European Hotel Fire Safety: An Analysis of the Implementation and Impact of the 1986 EC Recommendations on Fire Safety in Existing Hotels, 2000
- Fire Risk Management in Heritage Buildings, 2001
- Security Management in The Complete Guide to Facilities Management, 2003
- Fire Safety Management in Historic Buildings, 2004
- Historic Scotland's Guide for Practitioners No. 7: Fire safety management in traditional buildings - this publication is an 'Approved Code of Practice' under Scottish Buildings Standards.
Stewart is also the only person to hold senior, earned membership of the UK's principal professional fire and security bodies and is also US Board Certified as a Protection Professional. He is also winner of the inaugural George van Schalwyk award from the Security Institute.
In May 2011 Stewart was elected as a Life Vice President of the Security Institute to mark his role in the creation of what is now the pre-eminent UK organisation for security professionals.
In August 2011 he was also admitted to the Register of Chartered Security Professionals and was one of the first to be so recognised.
Click here to download Stewart's CV, for a print ready JPEG image (1.4 Mb file) or to view his expert witness profile.